14 August 2006

Spinning out of control

I've not really had much to say lately, but that's really no excuse for neglecting the blog the way that I have. I believe that I mentioned in an earlier post that I was seeing a therapist. I guess that I've been investing a lot of energy in that process and haven't had much left to say here at the end of the day. I'll try to work on that.

I haven't been completely idle. In the last month I've learned to knit and completed 3 knitting projects. (a multi-directional scarf, a felted bag made by modifying the scarf pattern, and a mobius scarf using the mobius cast-on from Cat Bordhi's book Magickal Knits.) I also learned to spin. The image on this post is my first substantial quantity of yarn made with a beautiful roving that I spun on a drop spindle and then plied with black crochet cotton because I wanted as much length to work with as possible. I'm thinking that I may use it to make a wrap of some sort. I have lots to talk about on the spinning front but I need to close this entry. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next couple of days to post more and will be able to get a better picture of my handspun yarn.

No comments: