18 January 2006

Getting some work done

Miss Mica is visiting her grandmother for a few hours this afternoon so that I can get a few things done. I listed a few new pins in my Etsy Shop. There's been quite a bit of interest in them and I'm really pleased with the response. The pin to the left here is my current favorite. There's a small unakite bead, then a small bone bead, then one of my stoneware beads all framed by a beautiful natural mica disk. I love the colors of the mica and the translucency of it, which I just could not capture in the images for the Etsy listings.

The pin on the right is technically pit-fired although it is glazed with raku glazes and the reduction effect is a raku-like finish. In order to simplify things with the Etsy listing, I just listed the pin as raku.

I'm also trying to get a selection of beads together to donate to a young girl who is trying to raise money for Chiari and Pseudotumor research. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons. The first is that I am so very grateful that Mica is so blessedly normal. The second reason is that I have a long history of headaches and I can wholeheartedly sympathize with the pain that children like Baylie experience.

And, now, I must go get my baby. She probably hasn't even missed me but in the time that it took to get a nice relaxing shower and post a few pins, I can tell you that I have missed her tremendously.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always find I can't wait to get rid of my kids. Sometimes I count the minutes until I can lose them for awhile. But then I miss them.

New Haven Home Staging said...

Interesting reading your blog