15 February 2006

Introducing Sprout's Motorcycle Fund

Not long ago, while enjoying an afternoon in the company of a very dear friend, Sprout and I stumbled across a handcarved wooden motorcycle rocking toy.... (Think rocking horse but in this case it's a rocking "hog") I've been obsessing about this toy ever since. It's a toy, it's a sculpture, it's a work of art and it's the only motorcycle that Sprout will ever ride if I have any say in the matter. I love the idea of motorcycles, but there's a reason that emergency room staff refers to them as "Donor Cycles". It doesn't matter how competent the rider is, they will always loose to the driver of the SUV who is paying more attention to her cell phone conversation than the comparitively unprotected motorist on two wheels...

But this wasn't supposed to be an essay on my feelings about motorcycles. It was, instead, intended to give a little background and request your help... The rocking motorcycle toy has claimed a spot in my imagination and won't let go. At the same time, one of our beloved cats has been having some health problems. She has developed urinary tract problems and in trying to find the cause of those problems we've discovered that she also has a degenerative heart problem. We're confronting hundreds of dollars in vet bills. I cannot justify spending money in our already tight budget on a toy for Sprout when Mintaka needs treatment. After some discussion, we have arrived at an ideal solution, if I can raise the money in my PayPal account to pay for the motorcycle, Sprout can have her toy.

If you like my work, please consider making a purchase from my Etsy Shop now to help me make the money needed for the motorcycle. If you're not interested in making a purchase but would like to contribute a dollar or two to the effort, I've added a paypal button to the sidebar. Every little bit counts and I will send you a personal thank you note with a wallet sized picture of Miss Sprout on her motorcycle as soon as it comes home.

Thanks in advance for your support.




No comments: