28 February 2006

There's a motorcycle in my livingroom!!!

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the Mica Motorcycle Fund. The motorcycle came home last night and Miss Mica has already been playing on it. As cruel as it may seem to the regular readers of this blog, I will **NOT** be posting pictures of my girl on her motorcycle until after I know that the contributors to the fund have received their thank you cards and pictures. It seems only fair to the investors.

In other news, I did a glaze firing last week and will be adding a few pendants and other items to my Etsy shop as time permits. I have also made a batch of beads specifically with the goal of using them to make scarf/shawl pins. I intend to experiment with some raku firing in a modified bench furnace that i have in my garage once the weather gets a bit better.

I've also been working on a couple of commissions. One is an Etsy Alchemy commission. If you haven't checked out Etsy Alchemy, you really should take a look. I know that Fine Art isn't supposed to match your couch, but sometimes it's nice to be in a position to say, "I want something like _____ only in blue instead of purple and a little smaller/bigger/whatever."

The other commission is a goddess rattle similar to one that I made for myself when I was trying to get pregnant. This type of commission is my favorite. It really takes me into myself, to my creative center, and reminds me why I do what I do. I like making things that have deep personal siginificance.

Well, I have a baby who is in need of some quality motorcycle time. I'm sure I'll post more later. Posted by Picasa
Filed In:

No comments: