31 July 2005

International News Shortage

As I write this, my husband and I are watching the final broadcast of News World International. The Gore Group has purchased the channel for its broadcast license and broadcast agreements. They are launching their new programming, Current TV, just after 12 midnight. We'll still be able to watch some of the CBC Programming on the web, particularly The National. That said, it's just not the same as turning on the tv and hitting the favorite button.

It's been a long day. I spent time working on the invitations for Sprout's birthday tea. I need to address the envelopes and they'll be ready to go to the post office tomorrow night. I'm pleased with how they came together.

I got some studio time in this evening but came in to watch the final NWI broadcast. I finished the barrel beads that I was working on and have moved on to polkadot beads.

And now the time comes to sit down and write a letter to DIRECTV to let them know how much we hope that they will work with CBC to bring International News back to their customers.

No comments: