05 February 2007

2000 Bloggers

Yesterday's cold continues its unwelcome visit with our family. That along with temperatures that topped out at about -1 Fahrenheit kept us inside all day. Sprout's no longer just stuffy and coughing so I'm not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow or later in the week. Of course, tomorrow is supposed to bring snow along with temperatures in the negative single digits, so I'm not sure what I'd want to do anyway. I'm really looking forward to spring. I hope that groundhog was right.
I read about the 2000 bloggers project on another blog several weeks ago. When I started seeing referals from them, I couldn't help going and looking for my picture in the collection. It's amazing to me that I recognized anyone amongst hundreds of 50x60 pixel images. I didn't expect even to recognize myself. It's disorienting to scan so many faces looking for your own, knowing that the image chosen to represent you was outside of your control and could have been any photo on your site. Coming on the heels of a period of intense self-examination, it seems to have a little power to remind me that no one looking at me from the outside really gets much more than a glimpse of me anyway.

No comments: