24 February 2007

More Easter eggs


More Easter eggs
Originally uploaded by hale_popoki.
I found this beautiful picture of easter eggs while I was poking around Flickr and thought that, in the absence of a picture of the needle felted egg that I'm working on, this would make a lovely visual. (I love the "Blog this photo" feature on Flickr... I guess that's kinda obvious by now since I've used it quite a few times. I just have so much fun looking through pictures and seeing so many different points of view... 90% of the time I don't even know what I'm going to blog about when I hit the "Blog This" button...)

I went to Hobby Lobby today with 3 written class descriptions and a puppet as a class model. I've figured out that I'm going to create patterns to simplify the puppet process since we'll only have an hour and 45 minutes for the entire puppet class.

One of the classes that I'm offering is a needle felted easter egg class. I saw these fun egg cups at Target and I'm going to use one as a display for the class model. (Made with wool that I picked up at Hobby Lobby so that the model would showcase product from the store...)

I also shopped for a quazi-nuno felt project while I was there. I'm really excited about it, but it's going to take some work and it will probably be a pretty involved process.

On a completely different note, Rob (one of the founders of Etsy) did an interview with CBS recently. Here's the entry in the Etsy blog about the interview with a link to the video.

No comments: