07 February 2007

Hope springs


Hope springs
Originally uploaded by s2art.
Things around here are not very well organized. A month or so ago, I brought home a sewing machine in need of some TLC. I purchased a sewing machine maintenance kit at the local craft store and brought it home. That is the last clear memory that I have of the kit (with sewing machine oil, extra needles, etc...). I have a small sewing project that I want to tackle so I've been trying to keep an eye out for the bag with the repair kit in it... I am suddenly aware of the number of plastic bags living in my house. That awareness has translated to an increasing awareness of the number of plastic bags in the wild. Once I've finished the sewing project, I'm going to spend some time trying to address the unwanted plastic bags around here. If I can get a handle on the plastic bags in my immediate environment, I can at least assure that none of them will escape into the outside world.

1 comment:

Daria Schaffnit said...

Right now, I have a big ol' wad of plastic bags waiting to go to the library, where they are always delighted to see them. My hope is that the folks who take them for their books continue the recycling chain.